My iMac dies

My 2 month old iMac died on me earlier last week. It is a shame because I liked the machine ok and I always dread a visit to the mac store. Genius bar appointment must be made 2 days in advance. I like a machine when it doesn't get in the way. This hardware breakdown, something to do with a power supply, constitutes getting in the way.

To add misery to hardship, my trusted VAIO decided to crap out on me at the same time. SONY has a whole new slew of laptops with solid state memory. They are pricey. The upside to all this is that I have forced myself to get into the iPod touch. I have no choice and this works surprisingly well.

It is basically the iphone but slimmer and without the phone or camera. I like it. I use the landscape mode to type text (including this blog) and the real estate is tiny but functional. Sometimes i wish for 4 times the real estate for a touch enabled tablet. But then as i type this text i realize i actually enjoy the keychain feel like i did on the PSP, this is handheld done well. BTW gmail has a custom UI for the iPhone that works and looks great. This is a keeper.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

$6.66B for BEA: Larry goes Shopping

Thug vs Thug: Porsche 1, Hedge Funds: 0

Quickies #3, protecting IP in OSS